When it comes to developing new products, NEO Tech???s customers are increasingly looking to save time while reducing risks.?? DFM allows customers to avoid costly mistakes in the future, assuring them high-quality, lowest-cost innovations.
Our greatest competitive advantage is our combined experience in the industry. Our core team has decades of experience improving production flow and costs??by a relentless focus on??improving product??reliability.??Our entire organization is conditioned to ask questions and make improvement suggestions so that we can address tomorrow’s DFM opportunities today.
We enjoy DFM projects which imbed customer design teams with our engineering teams and third-party product design and development partners. Ideally, concurrent engineering??begins in the early stages of design,??prior to moving towards production, so that our customers’ development and engineering efforts are time and cost efficient. We understand that early DFM??planning??is not always possible, and our team is accustomed to??mature designs with established tests and requalifications. We excel at bringing to market a proof of design (POD) under rapid timelines.
DFM capabilities includes:
- PCBA and ceramic layout
- Component engineering, selection, sourcing, and procurement
- Consultative teaming approach to DFM/DFT recommendations
- Design for Procurement (DFP)??approach to ensure a robust supply chain outlasts product life
- Value Added/Value Engineering (VAVE) and APQP part of initial new product introduction
- Electrical analysis??for shorts, test specifications,??and material selections
- Formal and informal FMEA approach
- Design??evaluation for??products migrating??from low volume to high volume
From our DFM studies, customers can expect??to uncover design issues and recommendations including:
- Improvements to PCB files relative to design and manufacturing??guidelines
- Assembly specifications
- Test coverage
- NPI build findings
- Recommended changes ranked by importance and impact to the program
- Risks (if any) related to changes
Download our Design for Manufacturability??Checklist
This checklist incorporates rules and best practices to make your products work. Scope of the document includes board design, design for PCB assembly, design for hybrid microelectronics assembly, design for through hole and hand solder, design for??robust box and mechanical assembly,??design for seal and??test,??and regulatory approvals.